Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New version of Snow White

Snow White and the Huntsman

          Mirrormirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? 




In Theaters

  • June 1, 2012

MPAA Rating

PG-13 (for intense sequences of violence and action, and brief sensuality)

Genres

Adaptation, Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Fantasy

Run Time

2 hours 7 minutes

Distributors   

Universal





           A well-know fairy tale Snow White is turned into a new outstanding version called "Snow White and the Huntsman". The story is quite more serious than original version but still keep the main details. Every scene has many special affects that made me say WOW ! and  I would say this was an excellent performance by Mrs Theron as  she was stupendous in this role. The theme is well directed. And all customs are really nice and so elegant with a wonderful music though the story.




        However, when I finished watching the movie, I was a little disappointed. Because it’s not like I’d expected. It’s kind of like the mixture between the Lord of the Rings and Twilight but base on Snow White story. Besides, it’s barely having a magic but most affects making this movie misses something   that most of fairy tales should have.



Kristen
                      Snow White ate an apple and suddenly fainted
                                         
Full interaction: The magic mirror morphs into a human-like form to pass judgement on his mistress's reflection
The magic mirror morphs into a human-like form to pass judgement on his mistress's reflection


       By the way, the good thing for this movie is thinking about the power of beauty and the essential of outer beauty vs. inner-beauty. And the good vs. the evil always bring the win to the good and lose to the evil.

Is that the prince? The hero isn't quite who you'd expect in this version
   -THE END-
       Overall, Snow White and the Huntsman is a  a good movie, and the special effects were what kept me interested.  I am really glad  I saw this movie. So, anyone who miss this movie , Let's look some part of the story in trailer here!

                                                                                                                                        By Sunisa  Tuaglan                                                                                 

4 comments:

  1. It really looks like Lord of the Ring in trailer hahaha, but I wanna watching it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I observe, Snow White is like the NO.1 princess of all time. When there's a movie with all the princesses together (Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty...), Snow White is always the leading character. This version of Snow White looks really amazing, but I don't have time to watch it yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already seen this movie in the theater. Although it was an unexpected plot I thought it would be, I really love it. This version shows that not every princesses in the fairy tale have to be weak:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very good critical review. I saw the movie and I enjoyed it too, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars. What about you?

    ReplyDelete